Kaizer Chiefs head coach Arthur Zwane has revealed that his side will be missing five players from their squad against Swallows on Wednesday.
The Amakhosi will take on the Dube Birds this evening and could jump into fifth place on the log with a victory.
Meanwhile, Swallows are rooted at the bottom of the log with just eight points and tonight will be the first game after the sacking of Dylan Kerr.
Zwane stated that the game comes too early for Khama Billiat, while George Matlou is suspended and three other squad players are also sidelined.
- George Matlou – “Unfortunately, we lost George (Matlou) to a red card,” Zwane told Chiefs media department.
- Khama Billiat – “We still don’t have Khama (Billiat). We realise we would be risking him if we play him this game.
- Happy Mashiane – “We don’t have Happy (Mashiane) as well.”
- Eric Mathoho – “Even Tower (Eric Mathoho) as well. I think those are the four injuries right now.
- Phathutshedzo Nange – “Oh, and (Phathutshedzo) Nange.; that makes five. He had flu and hasn’t come back to training this last week so he’ll probably be available from next week, although he’ll need another week or so in terms of him being ready to compete.”
Zwane, though, insisted that there is a positive momentum around the squad, as they want to improve on their away record with a win.
“The energy levels are high. They have always been high but belief is growing and it’s getting higher,” he added.
“You can see that from the last game that we played and we just want to build on that performance going forward and make sure that we keep the same momentum, the same drive and maintain the belief and spirit in the squad.
“We are looking forward to the game. We know we are playing away and our record hasn’t been that good in away games, so we are looking to improve our record and make sure we go out there and get maximum results.”