Connect with us

Technology

Apple to pay millions to a student after nude images were leaked

The Kosi Bay

Published

on

After negotiating a deal with a 21-year-old female student whose graphic photographs were uploaded on social media, Apple is allegedly ready to pay millions of dollars.

According to The Telegraph, the woman took her iPhone to be repaired at a store in California run by an Apple contractor named Pegatron. The tech repairmen at the business who were working on her device then placed ten nudes and a video on her Facebook profile, making it appear as though she had submitted the graphic photos herself.

Her pals are thought to have discovered the photographs, which were later erased.

The invasion of privacy occurred in 2016. The kid from Oregon, who has yet to be identified, reportedly handed in her phone since it isn’t working.The employees were fired as a result of the action.

HOW MUCH EXACTLY IS THE STUDENT EXPECTING FROM APPLE?

It is unclear how much the student expects from Apple, but different media sources have reported “legal filings” in which her lawyers discuss requesting $5 million from the computer company for mental anguish caused by the incident.

Pegatron has also been alleged to have paid Apple for the settlement. While Pegatron and its insurers, who refused to pay the amount, have now decided to settle privately.

“We take the privacy and security of our customers’ data extremely seriously and have a number of protocols in place to ensure data is protected throughout the repair process. When we learned of this egregious violation of our policies at one of our vendors in 2016, we took immediate action and have since continued to strengthen our vendor protocols,”

an Apple spokesperson is quoted as having told Indy100.

See also  Akil Henley discusses everything you should know about drones
Continue Reading